Most live casino players reading this article probably know Three-Card Poker more than Three-Card Baccarat. For those in the dark, it’s understandable because there are lots of casino games to play. Three-Card Baccarat is an exciting, fast-paced version of the classic baccarat game. It’s straightforward to learn, especially with the right guide. This post discusses the rules, strategies, and tips for playing Three-Card Baccarat.
Three-Card Baccarat is a popular game of Baccarat in some Macau casinos. The game is similar to traditional Baccarat in the sense that both sides receive three cards, with the number of picture cards determining the winner. The picture cards or face cards are cards worth their value.
- That said, Three-Card Baccarat uses the standard 52-card deck, with all cards dealt face-up.
- Before receiving the cards, players must make a wager on the banker or player position. At this stage, gamers can also make one of the optional side bets to be described later in this guidepost.
- Note that the face cards and tens don’t have any value. Also, Aces are worth a point, with the remaining cards representing their face values. This isn’t new for those who have played Baccarat before.
3-Card Baccarat Vs Standard Baccarat
So, what makes Three-Card Baccarat different from traditional Baccarat? The best possible hand combination in this game is three face cards of the same value. For instance, a player can receive three sixes worth 18. In reality, this is 8 because 9 is the highest score in Baccarat.
Meanwhile, the side with the most points wins the round. But if the players have equal points, the side with more face-value cards carries the day. So, a player with 6+6+6 wins over a player with Q+2+6 because they have more face values. The game can also end in a push or tie if the players have cards of the same face values and pictures.
Like in a classic baccarat game, the winning hand payout out even money (1:1). This means a $10 bet will result in a $20 payout ($10 bet + $10 win) if the player is lucky.
That’s not all pay-wise. If the player makes a winning hand of six (it doesn’t matter the combination), they’ll receive a 2:1 payout. In addition, tie bets pay at 25:1, although the odds of winning these bets are pretty high.
Players at the best live casino sites in 2023 are also conversant with the 5% commission of banker bet wins. The same applies to the increasingly popular baccarat variant.
In most cases, Three-Card Baccarat features two optional wagers of Dragon Bonus and 3 Kings. Below is a brief overview:
This wager pays out if the player scores an 8 or higher, with a higher hand attracting a much bigger pay. The payout for three Kings is 50:1 and 25:1 for three face cards. Also, scoring any nine and eight pays out at 3:1 and 2:1, respectively.
This side bet wins if the player beats the dealer with at least 5 points. Like with the Three Kings bonus bet, players receive a bigger payout with more winning points.
Below are the payouts:
- Win by 5 points: 1:1
- Win by 6 points: 3:1
- Win by 7 points: 5:1
- Win by 8 points: 10:1
- Win by 9 points: 20:1
- Win by 10 points: 50:1
There is no proven solution to reduce the losing sessions in Three-Card Baccarat. The thing is that Baccarat is a game of chance, meaning no strategy can increase the Return to Player (RTP) rate. The same applies to all other live online casino games, except maybe video poker and blackjack.
But players don’t have to play blindly just because they cannot decrease the house edge.
- First, avoid the tie bet like the plague because the odds of winning this wager are slim. But the 50:1 maximum payout can be irresistible.
- Another trick, although this won’t do much, is to play the player bet instead of the banker. While the banker's bet often has a slightly lower house edge, the 5% commission on the house makes it an unattractive option. In short, don’t do the donkey work for the casino!
- Lastly, practice bankroll management, knowing that baccarat outcomes are purely luck-based. Create an ample budget and use it responsibly without chasing losses. Players should also consider using betting systems like Martingale and Paroli to manage their finances better.